Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kolachky

Since it's the holiday season, I thought that I would share my favorite cookie recipe with you. These cookies move fast so you might want to double the recipe.


Ingredients:
2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups unsalted butter, softened
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg white
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
any type of fruit filling (I use Solo brand, favorites are apricot and raspberry)



In a large bowl mix cream cheese and butter together until well blended. I use my hands it's much easier. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time. As dough becomes stiff turn out onto a floured surface and knead in flour until it's no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 5 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut the dough into 2 by 2 inch squares. Place a teaspoon of filling on the middle of each piece.Take a corner from opposite sides and fold to the center. Brush with egg white.
( My first attempt didn't look very pretty. Remember it gets easier with practice!)

Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. When cool, dust with confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment